happy new year to you! i hope you are having a good 2013 so far x
the few weeks off over the festive holiday were very welcome for me as I had been working very hard. It was so good to have some time to relax and reflect.
2012 was both busy and fulfilling. i faced a few fears, applied myself to tasks which at times where difficult and was pleased for the first time in my life to have fairly successfully managed to balance all the different areas of my life.
a few things i was proud of in 2012 were,
- finally getting round to making my girls quilts for their beds,
although my youngest prefers to wear hers!
- devising and delivering a 45 minute solo talk to a large group of business ladies. kinda scary but hugely enjoyable and i want to do it again!
- running my first vision board evening; something i had wanted to do for some time as i wanted to share my enjoyment of this process with others. it was a little departure from my usual sewing teaching and it was fun. i ran my second one last night and helped a lovely group of ladies create their vision boards for 2013.
- in 2012, along with my gorgeous sewing partner Alice, i taught lots and lots of people how to sew and how to use their sewing machines. it is so rewarding to facilitate and help others on their sewing journeys. Many of our students really got the bug this year and we are both so proud of all they have achieved.
- Alice and i also wrote our third book. It's another sewing book but this time it's for children, though we suspect many adults will enjoy making the projects too. It's release date is in March, so more on that soon : )
So 2012 was a good year. I ate better than ever and returned to my yoga practice, which felt like coming home. i have realised how i need to have that space and me time and how my body needs to stretch. yoga grounds me, brings me into the moment and helps me to feel positive and energised. so more of this in 2013!!!
Since the new year has arrived, it's all been about decluttering. Even the family have got involved. decluttering years of stuff is an ongoing process but it is all moving in the right direction.
and we have made some family plans;
- to finish off all those unfinished jobs around the house. our first project was to tile the kitchen which has been without tiles for, hmmm, 5 years!
- we are thinking of inter- railing with the kids in the summer but still need to work out where, although a separate trip to Scotland is a definite. if you have any recommendations please do let us know.
- we are also going to spruce up the garden so we can feel like we are on holiday at home, think tuscany, alfresco : )
My personal aim is to 'Keep it Simple', which is my mantra for the year and i am going to follow my interests and continue to live lightly.
This is my 2013 vision board.
what are you inviting into your life this year? how do you want to feel in the months ahead?
wishing you every happiness for a wonderful 2013