The idea being to choose one dressmaking pattern and wear the different variations you have made from it everyday for a week.
I wasn't sure what to chose at first but decided that as my new fav pattern is the Hot Patterns 1054 Classic Nouveau pants i would chose that. Even though i only had one pair in linen i thought it would spur me into making another pair in some tougher fabric.
Day 1 - Dressed comfortably for work on Saturday in linen Pants 1054 with brown belt. worn with a red silk printed blouse from East (in sale), my fav old olive slip on sandles and some wooden beads given to me by a friend.
Day 2 - A relaxing Sunday, in the linen Pants 1054 with a vest top, cardy and an old fav scarf tied around the waist and comfy sandles.
Day 3 - tidying the studio. Same linen Pants 1054 (aired) and a blue t shirt (50p car boot bargin) with brown thin belt and brown sandles.
Day 4 - Running my local monthly sewing cafe. Same linen pants 1054 (aired again) Pink t shirt (dug out from back of drawer), cardy and a fav scarf (love the colours & never worn it like this before) and my olive slip ons.
Day 5 - New brown cotton twill trousers, just finished (thank goodness as i couldn't have worn the others everyday!) The fabric was from Caroline at Croft Mill Fabrics. I am really pleased with them and they will be really hard wearing so i will be wearing then in place of jeans (wanting to make a denim pair now too!) Worn with a blouse i made using New Look 6808 (pattern hacked to create buttons at the back) and pumps.
Day 6 - Dog walking with a friend - New brown Pants 1054 worn with old walking boots ( & i mean old - they are 24 years old! still ok despite nearly being ruined by my 16 year old who borrowed then to go paintballing). Worn with my check jasmine blouse & purple cardy & my fav wooden beads.
Day 7 - Final day at home in new brown pants 1054 (again) wearing a blouse i recently cut down from a beach cover up. (i will get more wear out of it this way).
Final thoughts about the OWOP challenge;
1. it made me think creatively to find different ways to style one pair of trousers (or 2 by the end of the week!)
2. that wearing the same trousers 4 days in a row felt skanky (they were aired but even so!)
3. the challenge motivated me to finally make my 'land girl' pair.
4. i found things in my cupboards that i had forgotten about.
5. wearing scarves around the waist feels beautifully bohemian & i will continue to do it.
6. finally it was a lot of fun and it has been great seeing everyone elses outfits too.